Business Systems AnalystDate posted 11/08/2018
Job ID#: 21451BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst
Job Category: Finance/Accounting, Information Technology, Material and Production Control, Program/Project Management, Strategic Development
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst to work within our Aeronautical Systems Material Finance group in Poway, CA. The person selected for this role will be responsible for acting as the subject matter expert of multiple custom enhancements in development within SAP. This includes, but is not limited to, translating business needs into functional requirements documents, communicating those requirements to Information Technology technical staff, testing developed solutions, and participating in the roll out of these solutions to the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a liaison between users of business computer systems and the information systems technical staff to: translate needs into requirements for computer/system implementations, plan and coordinate processing schedules, develop and modify output reports, establish priorities for task completion, and define/modify/update interfaces between other internal and external computer systems.
- Act as an advocate of the business to enhance the use of current software/computer systems and ensure users are trained.
- Research, plan, evaluate, and coordinate new and/or modifications/upgrades of existing business processing hardware and software systems.
- Coordinate the development of reports, processes, analyses, etc. to meet user requirements.
- Coordinate job aid development and other supporting materials for training.
- Identifies, defines, and communicates process &/or training improvement opportunities to leadership.
- Planning, development, and execution of string test scripts and end-to-end test scripts.
- Identification, planning, and managing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires educational training equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and six or more years of experience developing requirements, reviewing functional documents, performing user acceptance testing, and partnering with Information Technology divisions to roll out end-user reporting capabilities. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must be experienced in leading and coordinating interactions between business system end-users and technical staff.
- Functional and technical analytic problem solving skills.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical resources.
- Strong presentations skills needed to accurately train and report findings to a variety of audiences.
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills; capable of collaborating with a variety of stakeholders and team members.
- Proficient with various software suites including but not limited to: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access and SQL.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team is essential.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with SAP and its functionality is highly desirable.
- Basic project management skills.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No