Business Systems Analyst - FinanceDate posted 11/08/2018
Job ID#: 21452BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst - Finance
Job Category: Finance/Accounting, Information Technology, Material and Production Control, Program/Project Management, Strategic Development
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst to work within our Aeronautical Systems Material Finance group in Poway, CA. The person selected for this role will be responsible for reporting on material cost movements involving government contracts and internal company projects. They will assist the business by tracking material allocations to ensure integrity in programmatic costs. This includes, but is not limited to, developing unique data analytics and tracking methodologies to be used for reporting on material cost values and their movements within the system. Additionally, they will assist programs in developing sound ETCs based on signals from the SAP MRP system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, tracks, analyzes, and reports material cost allocation status for projects of varying contract type, size, and complexity.
- Works in a team environment with financial and management staff to track and control project material cost activity.
- Interacts with management to analyze the performance for manufacturing projects on a recurring basis, and works with the MRP systems to generate accurate Estimates to Completion (ETCs).
- Develops and implements reporting procedures to review material actual cost status and valuation of manufacturing work to be completed.
- Performs monitoring, analysis, and reporting on assigned projects regarding the status of procurements for the purposes of material cost reporting.
- Provides management with clear, timely, and accurate information recommendations with which to make decisions.
- Identifies, defines, and communicates process &/or training improvement opportunities to leadership.
- Manages ambiguity effectively and is comfortable with agile unstructured tasks
- Responsible for converting data into information that can be prepared and presented in a consumable format
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires educational training equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and three or more years of experience as an analyst tracking and reporting costs on manufacturing programs of varying size and complexity. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical resources.
- Strong presentations skills needed to accurately train and report findings to a variety of audiences.
- Proficient with various software suites including but not limited to: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access and SQL.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team is essential.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Basic understanding of earned value.
- Self-starter who takes initiative on independent and team tasks.
- Experience with SAP and GPD is highly desirable.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No