Business System Analyst
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Business System Analyst at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
With limited direction, this position gathers and documents business requirements then conducts software inspection, testing, and validation. Reviews software design and change specification to ensure software design meets acceptable standards and program objectives. Develops, modifies, and executes software testing plans, some of which may be complex. May lead and provide consultation for the analysis and development of design documentation, test standards and procedures for software development and maintenance. Participates in and may advise the development of software quality design, testing, operating methods, and processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather and document business requirements and support senior Business Analysts in meeting team objectives.
- Liaises with stakeholders, business and technical teams to gather requirements, present new process designs, and manage a variety of activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- May participate in the development/updating of test standards and procedures software development and software testing.
- Reviews software design and functional specifications for software inspection, testing, verification, and/or validation.
- Develops, modifies and executes software testing plans for assigned software.
- Conducts software inspections, testing, verification, and validation of assigned software.
- Develops documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modifying software. Analyzes test results to ensure the quality of existing functionality, and recommends corrective action.
- Provides feedback for the technical appraisal of the tested software program(s), and monitors its deployment across the appropriate system(s).
- May represent the organization as a test analyst with customers and other groups or organizations.
- May provide training or direction to less experienced staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and six or more years technical experience working with computerized systems such as financial, accounting, purchasing, payroll, human resources, manufacturing, or other business related systems. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have an understanding of software test and quality concepts, theory, and operations.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio/TFS or Devtrack is a plus.
- Candidate must be customer focused and possess and demonstrate:
- Analytical and logical thinking to identify and address unfamiliar problems and determine the path required for validation. Must be consistent in analyzing and solving complex, multi-step problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report findings to business analysts and developers. Candidate must be able to communicate their thoughts and ideas effectively to avoid ambiguities and inconsistencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide other employees and managers.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential.
- Flexibility and willingness to shift focus when priorities and workloads change.
- Intellectually curious and motivated to ask clear and vital questions, gather and assess relevant information and interpret that knowledge effectively in order to challenge the software design and implementation.
- Must have a detailed understanding of software quality analysis concepts, theory, and operations. Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop creative solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide other employees and managers.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager