Business Development Professional (Nuclear)Date posted 11/22/2016
Job ID#: 10475BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Business Development Professional (Nuclear)
Job Category: Business Development
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Professional in support of our Nuclear Technologies and Materials (NTM) division. This position is responsible for conducting business development activities for advanced nuclear reactor research and nuclear material products/services. A successful team member must be able to manage competing demands while being extremely adaptable and flexible to constant changing business requirements in a highly technical environment. The person who has established client relationships with the Department of Energy (DOE) and the nuclear industry will be critical for achieving exponential growth from core technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership and directs all phases of business development activities to ensure quality, business and financial objectives are attained.
- Builds and sustains relationships with industry and institutions involved in DOE or Department of Defense (DoD) nuclear power and technology programs.
- Develops new opportunities with existing customers and explores opportunities to collaborate with new customers that are based on technical core capabilities within NTM.
- Interacts with program champions and other technical personnel to advise on how to represent ourselves and our ideas to customers.
- Develops market/product line business plans and capture plans to support sales in designated market segments.
- Analyzes market data to identify trends/opportunities and provides input for strategic direction.
- Develops multiple touch points within the DOE organization to include constant client engagement with DOE decision-makers, teaming partners and affiliate organizations.
- Influences the preparation of proposals, business capture plans, win strategies, and financial terms/conditions of NTM contract(s).
- Establishes business development short and long range objectives, develops master plan(s) and milestones for tracking and monitors adherence to master plan and schedules while enhancing existing business development process.
- Identifies business development issues and provides leadership in developing solutions to problems of unusual complexity, which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovativeness.
- Represents NTM with key business contacts with both domestic and foreign customers and potential customers and evaluates and recommends new initiatives and business opportunities.
- Analyzes and provides summary reports for management on status of NTM business development activities.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field and fifteen or more years progressively complex marketing/sales experience. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- A technical (nuclear engineering or nuclear physics) bachelor’s degree with an MBA or advanced technical degree is preferred along with the required years of experience.
- Must have experience in the nuclear industry
- Preference given to candidates with a successful record of developing new business with the DOE and DOE prime contractors.
- Must demonstrate a detailed and extensive expertise and application of business development principles and concepts, and practice as well as comprehensive project management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must demonstrate a thorough and detailed understanding of marketing/sales concepts, techniques, and standards and experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to contribute to the development of new processes or systems and communicate new concepts; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences including senior management and senior external parties; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including senior managers and senior external parties; (4) the ability to effectively and efficiently initiate, plan, and manage projects; (5) the ability to represent the company on external projects; (6) and excellent computer, documentation and presentation skills.
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and significant travel as required.