BI DeveloperDate posted 10/22/2018
Job ID#: 21269BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: BI Developer
Job Category: Information Technology
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a BI Developer to join our Business Analytics and Reporting team in San Diego, CA.
Under limited direction, this position is responsible for developing new reporting and dashboard functionality by modeling, designing, developing, testing and implementing the appropriate business systems including SAP BI. Designs user analytics and reporting solutions. Develops innovative solutions to moderately complex technical and procedure problems. May function in a project leadership role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, model, document, and guide the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications.
- Ensure efficient and uninterrupted operations while developing innovative solutions to complex technical and procedure problems.
- Analyze needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems and develop technical, structural and organizational specifications.
- May create standards and/or do modeling to monitor and enhance capacity and performance.
- Develop technical solutions which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity to solve complex problems.
- Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on projects. May interact with senior external contacts on significant technical matters.
- Stay abreast of new technology to ensure future applications are met.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field and five or more years progressive experience in programming and development. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must possess one to three years of experience in designing, developing, configuring, and implementing primarily SAP BI (Business Objects) reporting solutions using SAP BW and/or non-SAP data sources. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education
- Strong experience preferred in SAP BI (Business Objects) 4.1+ using the full suite of BI tools; WEBI, Analysis for Office/OLAP, Lumira and Design Studio. Additional experience in BO Server configurations with Web tier development will be beneficial to the role
- Experience preferred in developing BW BEx queries and BO universes using BICS connections as well as knowledgeable in SAP BW architecture and Data Workbench.
- Ability to build highly intuitive and captive reporting solutions and dashboard metrics
- Strong experience required in ECC modules of PP/MM/WM, FI/CO, QM, PS with understanding and familiarity of business process within these key areas
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributor to multiple end-to-end SAP BI implementation projects
- Experience working in an Aerospace & Defense / Manufacturing environment would be preferred
- Must have excellent organization skills including planning and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or completion dates
- Must be customer focused and possess: (a) the ability to identify and analyze issues and develop solutions to a variety of moderately complex problems; (b) strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (c) strong interpersonal skill to interface with all levels of employees, management and external contacts
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential
Travel Percentage Required : None
Clearance Required? No