Applications DeveloperDate posted 03/12/2019
Job ID#: 23037BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Applications Developer
Job Category: Information Technology
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
The Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) Engineering team supports the service management and customer service management solutions across all of General Atomics & Affiliates. This team also provides support to various service business functions in addition to strategic business development organizations. Functional and technical scope of work expands beyond Service Now and MS Dynamics Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems including Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) and FM systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Applications Developer to join our ITSM team in San Diego, CA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a software application developer / analyst, this role will be involved in all aspects of software application development projects, enhancement requests, and break-fix ticket resolution efforts, specifically in Service Now and Microsoft Dynamics CRM applications.
- Learns and applies the General Atomics specific software development lifecycle methodology and framework.
- Identifies opportunities for efficencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Participates in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
- Conducts relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
- Assists with formulation and definition of solution scope and objectives while working with a team of Developers/Analysts on functional requirements and specifications.
- Performs and assists other team members in providing ongoing system maintenance, research, problem resolution, and on-call support tasks for existing systems.
- Supports the implementation of systems into production.
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on existing services and identify improvement opportunities
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related discipline and two or more years of professional applications developer experience. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Two years’ experience in systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Practice coding excellence and quality in design and coding while abiding by team standards.
- Extensive experience implementing and conﬁguring applications, application modules.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of applications development principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Must have experience organizing, planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) excellent interpersonal skills enabling an effective interface with other professionals; and (4) excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Have strong development ability with C, C++, C#, .net, SQL Server, Database administration
- Experience working in general business environment
- Knowledge of or experience with Service Now and Microsoft Dynamics
- Knowledge of customer service, project structure and methodology
- Knowledge of ITIL, ITSM, Customer Service Management, and Customer Relations Management
- Expertise in one or more programming language, development tools, and/or databases and the systems development life cycle, applicable to development organization.
- Ability to use techniques to design, code, test, debug, and document the automation services.
Travel Percentage Required : None
Clearance Required? No