Accounts Payable SpecialistDate posted 11/26/2018
Job ID#: 21081BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Job Category: Finance/Accounting
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Accounts Payable Specialist. This position, under general direction is responsible for performing a variety of moderately complex accounts payable within our Accounting Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs specific Accounts Payable accounting activities through the input of accounting transactions and the monitoring, coordinating, and summarizing of accounting results.
- Determines propriety of Accounts Payable accounting entries associated with projects, accounts, and trial balances in accordance with financial policies, practices, and procedures.
- Maintains an awareness of the financial activities within the assigned areas of responsibility to ensure smooth operations and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Applies general knowledge of accounting/financial policies and procedures when responding to specific questions and non-routine problem resolution.
- Monitors and analyzes large volumes of data while maintaining alertness for abnormalities. Recommends and initiates corrective action.
- Calculates and prepares monthly Accounts Payable accruals and metrics.
- Processes Travel and Expense reports.
- Represents the accounting department on specific projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Requires a high school diploma and four or more years of progressive experience in an accounting department or a related field. May substitute additional experience in lieu of education.
- Must have strong knowledge of computer operations and applications and proficiency with spreadsheets.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of difficult problems.
- Must have good communication, computer, documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team and capable of effectively interacting with professional staff. Able to work extended hours as required.
- SAP Experience is required.
- Travel and Expense processing experience including auditing for allowable and unallowable costs is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No