A&P Specialist - Deployable/Flex ScheduleDate posted 12/22/2018
Job ID#: 22043BR
Company: General Atomics Systems Integration
Job Title: A&P Specialist - Deployable/Flex Schedule
Job Category: A&P/Mechanics, Product Support, Technicians
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Systems Integration, LLC (GA-SI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a provider of military and commercial engineering services. GA-SI is a leading-edge expert in systems integration technologies, reliability improvements, and controls system design.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Deployable A&P Specialist in our Aero Services division based out of Poway, CA. Employee's in this role must be able to deploy both CONUS and OCONUS in support of Company projects. Employee's in this role enjoy a Flex deployment rotation schedule while maintaining full benefits. Flex employee's work only while deployed or in a training status, receive deployment compensation, and live in any state.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works under general supervision providing technical support for the mechanical installation, troubleshooting and inspection on Gray Eagle unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Removes and replaces airframe components as needed including aileron servos, flap servos, brake servos, landing gear servos, throttle servos and waste gate servos requiring long periods of standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- May perform all launch and recovery including inspections, starting engine, operational check, installing payloads (cameras, KU, Datalink, SAR, EO/IR), fueling and de-fueling.
- Incorporates any approved configuration changes and other modifications into all aircraft as needed per company approved and/or government technical order requirements.
- Interfaces with customers, military and civilians, and understands the discipline required to maintain aircraft and associated equipment as a contractor.
- Provides flight line and ground support to include towing, refueling, defueling, launch and recovery of aircraft.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Inspects airframe, powerplant, and propeller components at regular intervals as per company approved procedures and/or government and customer technical order requirements.
- Certifies aircraft records that aircraft are in a condition safe for flight.
- Repairs fuel and oil leaks or engine problems as needed and removes and replaces airframe components as needed.
- Assists in the testing, maintenance and operation of ground equipment.
- Provides support as required to the UAS training center maintaining UAV training assets and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two or more years of aircraft mechanical maintenance experience, including one or more year(s) of product related mechanical knowledge.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
- The ability to pass a Deployment Medical Exam.
- Experience handling HAZMAT, AES, IATA, and COMSEC material is desirable.
- An FAA Airframe and Powerplant License is required.
- May require extensive travel and/or CONUS or OCONUS deployment.
- Must possess: (1) full knowledge and understanding of the detailed aspects of the job; (2) knowledge of relevant computer applications and operations; (3) basic leadership, organization and planning skills; and (4) strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees and both military and civilian customers.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team and be able to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 50% - 75%
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret