Pilots complete Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance missions while piloting Remotely Piloted Aircraft in support of our customers. Responsibilities include managing and performing all aspects of flying from planning, briefing, mission execution, debriefing, aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety. Pilots may be the primary interface between the on-site customer and teams back home and will be counted upon to solve problems.
Schedule: Full-Time Hourly
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 50 - 75
What makes a successful Sensor Operator at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Systems Integration, LLC (GA-SI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a provider of military and commercial engineering services. GA-SI is a leading-edge expert in systems integration technologies, reliability improvements, and controls system design.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced MQ-9 LRE Sensor Operator to join our Aero Services Division. Employees can live in any state but must be able to deploy both CONUS and OCONUS in support of company projects. Employees in this role enjoy a Flex deployment rotation schedule of roughly 12-16 weeks working and 12 weeks off while maintaining full benefits. Flex employees work only while deployed or in a training status and receive competitive deployment compensation. Without appreciable direction, this position exercises considerable latitude in overseeing ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety. Assists the Pilot-In-Command (PIC) in safe operation of the aircraft and ensures mission execution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and may actively participate in ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution, briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and safety.
- Operate the payload of the UAV, on the ground and in flight, in support of customer requirements and successful execution of the mission.
- Develops and verifies procedures for use with new aircraft features; develops operational and safety procedures and training syllabus courseware.
- Conducts demonstrations, participates in operational and experimental ground and flight tests of assigned UAV(s), and represents organization with senior military and commercial customers.
- Assist the PIC in complying with all governing regulations including service guidance, company procedures and Federal Aviation Administration Regulations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a High School diploma or equivalent and five or more years of experience (or 1,000+ hours) in UAV operations or aviation. Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of UAV and FAA principles, theories, and concepts.
- Possess detailed understanding of UAVs, tactical reconnaissance, and aviation principles.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees, including senior management and senior military and civilian customers, contractors, and aircrew.
- Detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- The ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to obtain an FAA Class II Medical Certification.
- Ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS
- The ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work
- Aircrew will be required to maintain the ability to deploy to all contract sites
Salary:$65,350 - $99,805
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
"I chose General Atomics because I wanted to apply my knowledge of aviation to help protect our nation in the air. The culture and atmosphere are like no company I have ever worked for. I enjoy coming to work every day."– Mike, Airframe & Powerplant Specialist