Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Senior (8+ years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Subcontract Administrator at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
Under limited direction, this position is responsible for providing subcontract support to one or more business units. Areas of responsibility include source evaluation, source selection, and terms and conditions for the procurement of materials, equipment, and services to provide for subcontract awards in accordance with company policy and department standard operating procedures. Selects or recommends subcontractors, issues awards, and administers resulting subcontracts. Responds to very complex and diverse inquiries which may require innovative solutions and participates in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customer representatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares, analyzes and evaluates bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy and department operating procedures.
- Identifies subcontract issues and provides leadership in developing solutions.
- Participates in and may lead negotiating and modifying standard subcontract provisions and assists in negotiating and modifying non-standard subcontracts.
- Reviews drafts as necessary, and negotiates terms and conditions of non-disclosure and teaming agreements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides review and interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Represents the organization as the prime administrative contact on assigned subcontracts making presentations as required.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on subcontracts.
- May provide direction and training to assigned professional staff.
- May participate in the selection, development, and training of subcontract staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in supply chain management, contract administration, or a related discipline, along with ten or more years of progressive professional experience. Equivalent professional purchasing, subcontract, or contract administration experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of acquisition principles, theories, concepts, and regulations, and experience demonstrating a broad application of those practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must possess the ability to provide leadership in developing and communicating new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule and coordinate multiple work phases; determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level.
- Must be customer focused and possess the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties.
- Working knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; capable of representing the organization as the prime contact on subcontract matters with program management, vendors, and customers and, provide leadership to less experienced professional employees on projects.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager