Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Senior (8+ years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Proposal Manager at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
This position is responsible for planning, scheduling and administration of proposal efforts, including editing segments of proposals projects. Leads proposal efforts to ensure request for proposal (RFP) specifications and Company standards are met. Manage staff of proposal managers, proposal specialists and publications coordinators.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works on a range of competitive proposals from aircraft to radar and other payloads for both manned and unmanned aircraft, to more research-oriented products such as laser systems and carrier ready UAS.
- Develops pre-proposal and proposal related submissions, RFI – Requests for information, as well as recommending the layout of the proposal.
- Provides leadership in proposal efforts to ensure request for proposal (RFP) specifications and Company standards are met.
- Develops schedule, past performance, management, and technical elements.
- Documents findings, communicates results to proposal or management staff and makes technical presentations as required.
- Represents the organization as a primary contact with internal and external personnel.
- Provides coordination for proposal to ensure accuracy of technical information as well as supports content development and end production.
- May prepare research and promotional material, including marketing brochures and displays, describing the organization’s various projects and technical capabilities.
- Supervise proposal team staff as direct reports, providing guidance and annual performance measurements.
- Develop white papers and abstracts as needed.
- Develop Budgetary Estimates (BE) using General Atomics guideline and policies for Strategic Development discussions/negotiations.
- Develop proposals for that cater to with various Direct Commercial Sales (DCS) and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) customers that conform within USG guidelines.
- Develop proposal using the Proposal Estimating Tool (PET) for sole source proposals.
- Develop proposals for Contractor-Owned, Contractor Operated (COCO) efforts.
- Assist in facilitating Basis of Estimates (BOEs) using General Atomics guidelines and policies.
- Understanding of Hardware Lease estimates on capital assets
- Develop proposals for both Lease-To-Own (LTO) and straight buyout/acquisition efforts.
- Understanding of Cost of Money hedge, Foreign Exchange Transaction
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related discipline and thirteen or more years of progressive professional experience in proposal development with at least seven of those years in management including supervising a staff. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Background in Engineering or scientific discipline (Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical) is preferred; as well as working in a high technology environment.
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and lead a team; able to perform complex tasks in one technical proposal area; and lead a team of less experienced support and/or professional employees on non-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to work with teams of people and correctly interpret RFP requirements and company processes and make correct decisions is required.
- Must be able to develop quality proposal products and have the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager