Pricing Cost Estimator
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Pricing Cost Estimator at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Pricing Cost Estimator – BOE (Basis of Estimate) Analyst to join our Proposal Cost Estimating team. Under general direction, this position coordinates and conducts BOE reviews for GA-ASI customer proposals to ensure compliance to internal and external customer / government requirements (regulatory and statutory).
The selected candidate will participate in Proposal Kick Off meetings, review proposal related material (e.g., Statement of Work, schedules, and various technical data). The position includes frequent participation in cross-functional interaction with various stakeholders, such as Program Managers (PMs), Project Engineers (PEs), Business Area Managers (BAMs) and Contracting Administrators (CAs) and various departments across the enterprise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary role & responsibility is review of BOEs for all GA-ASI departments.
- Other key duties include review of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), attending associated proposal meetings, establishing deadlines, and working closely with cross-functional teams.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data related to BOEs and proposal process.
- Works with a variety of software tools on frequent basis (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and various GA-ASI Proprietary software)
- Documents and develops reports, charts, and graphs.
- Prepares and provides job related training as requested.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and six or more years of experience in finance, accounting, or business administration in a manufacturing environment. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing requirements.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work in time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to establish project deadlines and work in a team environment to achieve those goals.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer literate with knowledge of computer applications relevant to the position, including spreadsheet applications.
- Must be able to work extended hours when required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager