Logistics Development SpecialistPoway, California
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
Under consultative direction towards long-range goals and objectives, this position exercises considerable latitude in the planning, development and administration of integrated logistics strategies, processes, and tools. Ensures that customer support requirements and long-range objectives are achieved within budget and on schedule to meet department and corporate goals. Ensures continuous improvement of standard logistics processes, such as the iterative process of supportability analysis to influence system design and development in the areas of maintenance, troubleshooting, personnel, training, technical manuals, facilities, support equipment, operation, and disposal/recycling. Also supports logistics planning and database development processes, product support and replenishment systems, product support data interchange systems, demand management and related functions. Responsible for building relationships with customers through logistics initiatives. Integrates learning from customers, competitors, other industries, industry groups, and professional training to continuously improve competitive position. Documents findings, communicates results to technical staff and management, and makes presentations of recommendations. May lead a team of less experienced professional staff. Serves as a consultant to management and may represent the company as the primary spokesperson on external project (s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides consultation in the planning and administration of logistics strategies, and establishes standard logistics processes and tools.
- Establishes processes and procedures to ensures contract logistics activities are in compliance with standard policies and requirements
- Develops program logistics plans such as Life Cycle Sustainment Plans (LCSP), Logistics Support Plans (LSP), Logistics Support Analysis Plans (LSAP) and other logistics support element program plans as required.
- Defines logistics activities for selected projects to develop and implement solutions that account for tradeoffs in component/system design, repair capability, training, demand history, statistical distributions and queuing theory.
- Develops logistics analysis products. Also develops technical manuals, provisioning data and obsolescence screening.
- Performs research, evaluation, and analysis to develop complete integrated logistics support programs.
- Provides peer review support for a broad range of logistics products to ensure quality and contract compliance.
- Compiles and evaluates test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications.
- Conceives and plans projects involving definition and selection of new concepts and principles and approaches in the processing or development of new or improved processes to improve life cycle support costs.
- Develops highly innovative solutions to unusually complex logistics issues to optimize costs and system performance requirements.
- Leads progress planning and review sessions to discuss costs, schedule, and technical performance.
- Defines Logistics Program requirements to support program estimating and execution.
- Develops Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for program logistics.
- Contributes to and supports the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract(s). Negotiates and modifies contracts if necessary.
- May function in an advisory, Subject Matter Expert (SME), or leadership role and provide direction and guidance to less experienced professional staff. May participate in the selection, development and training of staff.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelor's or master's degree in logistics or related technical field along with fifteen or more years of progressive logistics management experience with a bachelor's or thirteen or more years with a master's.
- Equivalent applicable experience may be substituted in lieu of education. Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of logistics management concepts, techniques, and standards and have proven experience broadly applying those concepts. DAWIA level III or SOLE Demonstrated Master Logistician strongly desired.
- Must have the ability to contribute to the development of new processes or systems and communicate new concepts.
- The ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of unusually complex logistics issues, including Logistics Management Information (LMI), reliability and maintainability, and life-cycle support activities.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences including senior management and senior external parties
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees
- The ability to effectively and efficiently initiate, plan, and manage projects.
- The ability to represent the company on external projects
- Excellent computer and documentation skills.
- May lead a team of professional employees on assigned project(s). The ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential, as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Certified Professional Logistician (CPL) Desired.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security clearance is required.
“At Diazyme you get an opportunity to work and collaborate with a team that develops and provides diagnostic products that improve healthcare quality.”– Nancy, Quality Lead
“Working in Research and Development means every day is something new and exciting. It's always a challenge to test new materials to see if they behave as you expect. It's never boring.”– Steven, Research & Development Engineer
"I like knowing that the projects I work on contribute to the defense of our country."– Micah, Mechanical Engineer
“I work in the Components Engineering and Obsolescence Management Dept. Our efforts are saving General Atomics several millions of dollars by proactively leading and informing the company of all these decisions which significantly impact production, sustainment and new designs.”– John, Staff Engineer