Electrical Engineering TechnicianPoway, California
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports electrical engineering activities in the development of new electronic equipment and support existing equipment
- Experience creating prototype “bread-boards” with engineering direction.
- Proficient in soldering and de-soldering small to large electronic components on circuit boards
- Proficient in building test boxes and cables to support electronic designs.
- Environmental testing and data collection for design verification.
- Responsibilities will include generation of BOMs, ECs, DBCRs, PRs, test procedures schematics, and cabling drawings.
- Assemble avionics boxes, debugging electronic issues in box, soldering of components on circuit boards
- Troubleshoot down to the component level.
- Operate basic general purpose test equipment, O ‘Scopes, Power supplies, multimeters, and other lab equipment.
- Use RF test equipment and basic RF building blocks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs and Microsoft Windows OS.
- Responsible for fabrication, modification, installation, and documentation of complex laboratory, experimental or commercial equipment.
- Interprets general instructions, plans sequence of assembly, maintains quality assurance documentation and prepares sketches and schematics.
- Interprets basic information displayed to recognize when various operating measurements are drifting out of established parameters and will adjusts operating parameters to bring systems back to satisfactory operating conditions.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires associate's degree or equivalent with five or more years of experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must be able to work with common hand tools and operate laboratory equipment.
- Must have the capability to perform complex assignments with little or no direction.
- Ability and willingness to work on systems which have unusual conditions such as high pressure, high voltage, high energy, etc.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field required.
- Ability to work extended hours as required.
“At Diazyme you get an opportunity to work and collaborate with a team that develops and provides diagnostic products that improve healthcare quality.”– Nancy, Quality Lead
“Working in Research and Development means every day is something new and exciting. It's always a challenge to test new materials to see if they behave as you expect. It's never boring.”– Steven, Research & Development Engineer
"I like knowing that the projects I work on contribute to the defense of our country."– Micah, Mechanical Engineer
“I work in the Components Engineering and Obsolescence Management Dept. Our efforts are saving General Atomics several millions of dollars by proactively leading and informing the company of all these decisions which significantly impact production, sustainment and new designs.”– John, Staff Engineer