Cost Estimating Compliance Specialist
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Senior (8+ years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Cost Estimating Compliance Specialist at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position is primarily responsible for attending internal/external Audit Entrance and Exit Conferences, providing compliant responses to Requests for Information (RFIs), and supporting the RFIs to closure. Additionally performs internal surveillance of GA-ASIs Estimating System, specifically as relates to compliance with the existing System Description, cross-functional estimating procedures, work instructions and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Participates in the review of proposed cross-functional process related changes to ensure that the aforementioned guidance is kept current, accurate and complete while meeting company objectives and ensuring compliance with FAR and related governmental rules and regulations.
- Review RFIs and request clarification if necessary.
- Analyze proposals under audit and provide timely RFI responses including the generation of reports or briefings via Teams, or In-person as necessary to close the RFI.
- Analyzes data and situations, and develops innovative and creative solutions to problems of unusual complexity; advises on actions to be taken.
- Compiles and analyzes data to identify trends and areas for process improvement, and develops new standards or techniques as required; develops appropriate electronic and hard copy reports and records.
- Develops, implements and audits policies, procedures and associated documentation.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes to ensure compliance with appropriate statutes, regulations and Company practices.
- Represent the organization as a prime consultant and external spokesperson for the organization.
- May make internal or external presentations as required.
- May participate in the selection, development and training of staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and fifteen or more years experience in contracts, subcontracts, estimating and pricing in a manufacturing environment. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have familiarity with project/proposal management and cost accounting principles.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of cost estimating concepts and principles, FAR and related governmental rules and regulations; and, experience demonstrating a broad application of those principles, concepts, and practices.
- Must be able to plan, organize, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones with experience in project leadership.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- The ability to identify issues and develop innovative solutions to a variety of unusually complex problems of diverse scope.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present cost estimating findings to a variety of audiences including project/proposal management and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to initiate, plan, and execute all documentation and process related changes, ensuring compliance with FAR and related governmental rules and regulations.
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams and represent the organization as a point of contact on estimating related matters and excellent M/S Office PC skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to
Salary:$98,100 - $171,398
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager