Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Senior (8+ years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Contract Administrator at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Under limited direction, this position is responsible for supporting one or more business units in the management of contracts. Areas of responsibility include proposal review, contract preparation, negotiation, and administration, verifying export classification and foreign restrictions, and customer interface to provide for contract award and fulfillment in accordance with company policy. Reviews, interprets, recommends, and negotiates contractual terms and conditions and interprets established policies, procedures, and standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure contract activities achieve desired objectives and timetables. Represents the organization as the primary administrative contact on assigned contracts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy and customer solicitation requirements.
- Identifies contract issues and responds to a variety of complex inquiries while providing leadership in developing innovative solutions.
- Participates in and may lead negotiating and modifying standard contracts and assists in negotiating and modifying non-standard contracts.
- Reviews drafts as necessary, and negotiates terms and conditions of non-disclosure, teaming, license, and memorandum of understanding agreements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- May participate in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customer representatives.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts, including export considerations.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- Makes presentations as required and acts as a primary contact with customers and outside organizations.
- Provides direction to professional or technical staff on contract matters.
- May participate in the selection, development, and training of contract staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in contract administration or a related discipline, along with ten or more years of progressive professional experience in contract administration. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of contract principles, theories, concepts, and regulations, and experience demonstrating a broad application of those practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- The ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings and new concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties.
- The ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate multiple work phases; (5) the ability to lead less experienced professional employees.
- Excellent computer skills. Working knowledge of SAP desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager