Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Contract Administrator at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for supporting one or more business units in the management of contracts. Areas of responsibility include proposal review, contract preparation, negotiation, and administration, verifying export classification and foreign restrictions, and customer interface to provide for contract award and fulfillment in accordance with company policy. Reviews, interprets, recommends, and negotiates contractual terms and conditions and interprets established policies, procedures, and standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure contract activities achieve desired objectives and timetables. Represents the organization as the primary administrative contact on assigned contracts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy and customer solicitation requirements.
- Identifies contract issues and provides leadership in developing solutions.
- Participates in and may lead negotiating and modifying standard contracts and assists in negotiating and modifying non-standard contracts/subcontracts.
- Reviews, drafts as necessary, and negotiates terms and conditions of non-disclosure, teaming, license, and memorandum of understanding agreements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts/subcontracts, including export considerations.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- Makes internal presentations and acts as a contact with customers and outside organizations.
- Provides direction to assigned professional staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in contract administration or a related discipline, along with six or more years of progressive professional experience in contract administration. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of contract principles, theories and concepts and be fully knowledgeable of practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must be customer focused
- Must possess the ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties
- Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Secret Security Clearance highly desired
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager