Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Entry-Level (0-2 years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Buyer at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Under close supervision, this position is responsible for purchasing materials, goods, and services necessary to support a contract, subcontract or an internal organization. Validates purchase requisitions, selects or recommends suppliers, develops and solicits bids, analyzes and evaluates responses, negotiates prices and other terms, monitors delivery, and maintains necessary records. Maintains an awareness of available or potential suppliers and reviews and evaluates their operations to validate cost, quality, reliability, and ability to meet schedule and price requirements. Interacts with project personnel and internal customers and suppliers. May interact with program management and customer representatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures as well as applicable government regulations.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Identifies, develops and selects qualified suppliers.
- Evaluates supplier reliability and performance.
- With review, coordinates competitive and sole source procurements to meet required purchase dates and prepares required support documentation.
- Reviews and analyzes suppliers' bids. Performs cost and/or price analysis.
- Follows up, expedites, and negotiates changes relative to delivery and supplier performance.
- Maintains professional relationship with internal and external customer and suppliers.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires an associate's degree in business administration or related discipline. Equivalent professional purchasing experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- The ability to provide solutions to a range of routine purchasing problems.
- Good communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with employees, managers, and customers.
- The ability to organize, schedule and coordinate multiple work phases.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager