Business Systems Analyst
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Business Systems Analyst at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
The Finance Applications Business Systems Analyst designs and delivers modern, easy to use enterprise applications using standard platforms and data architectures for web applications (K2, SharePoint, SQL, Oracle). Responsible for technical leadership and implementation of effective solutions to achieve business goals and create an outstanding customer experience. Responsible for digital transformation initiatives including the architecture, design and standards for the solution. Supports the research and analysis of new solution capabilities and recommends business process efficiencies. Additionally is responsible for technical excellence, quality functionality, and implementations that are built for scale, efficiency and a great customer experience across the enterprise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have experience working with users to gather requirements, confirm/meet expectations, and train/support delivered solutions.
- Supports business needs and recommends application designs, including business process automation activities such as developing automated workflows to improve efficiencies.
- Analyzes, validates and develops business and technical process requirements; Assists in the developing system requirements, techniques and controls while coordinating the implementation efforts of requirements.
- Creates, develops, executes, tests, and documents web-based applications adhering to best practices and following agile methodology.
- Researches, plans, evaluates, and coordinates new and/or modification/upgrades of existing business applications.
- Responds to inquiries, identifies issues, and guides the development on innovative solutions to diverse challenges concerning a variety business data, some of which contain confidential and sensitive information, which require tact and discretion in handling.
- Provides troubleshooting support on high level application issues experienced by users.
- Take initiative and ownership to provide solutions on time.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and six or more years technical experience working with computerized systems such as financial, accounting, purchasing, payroll, human resources, manufacturing, or other business-related systems. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must be experienced in leading and coordinating interactions between business system end-users and technical staff and have a complete operational and system understanding of administrative functions such as: general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, inventory control, fixed assets, payroll, human resources, etc.
- Proficiency with relational database systems like Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, including SSRS and SSIS, working with views and stored procedures, scripting and Web Services.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and written) with both technical and non-technical resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels.
- Ability to function as a business partner to functional/process areas and team well with others.
- Must be a team player-highly adaptive, resourceful, accountable, enjoys learning and sharing.
- Strong experience with SQL tables, views, and stored procedures highly desired.
- At least 3 years designing software applications (SQL data architectures, graphical user interface and design, business process automation).
- Experience with development environments and technologies such as Visual Studio, SAP, InfoPath, Nintex, and/or K2 highly desired.
- MS Office and SharePoint experience, including workflow creation, metadata tagging, and design using SharePoint Designer.
- Knowledge and application of User interface/User Experience (UI/UX) concepts.
- Knowledge of defense contracting industry is desired.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager