Additive Manufacturing Engineering Internship
Assemblers, Machinists, Material and Production Control, Composite Technicians, Coordinators, Planners and Stock Clerks. These are just a few of the Manufacturing positions we offer at General Atomics. As a Manufacturing team member, you will use high-tech machines, systems, equipment and tools to create and build our products.
Experience in handling composite materials, using CNC machines and software, reading blueprints and drawings and a general understanding of manufacturing prinicples and systems are all desirable qualifications.
Schedule: Full-Time Hourly
Job Level: Internship
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Additive Manufacturing Engineering Internship at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
- Results Driven
- Problem Solver
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for an undergraduate intern to join our Manufacturing Engineering team in Poway, California.
This position is available for undergraduate students to participate in supervised practical training in a professional field. Assists in the completion of routine and non-routine tasks; assists in the analysis, investigation and solution of problems; and assists in developing electronic and hard copy documentation as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, working on routine projects with general instruction and non-routine projects with detailed instructions.
- Participates in the day to day activities in the opto-mechanical engineering department supporting the design and development of high energy laser systems, sensors, space and nuclear systems.
- Assists in applying knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve problems.
- Assists in developing electronic and hard copy reports, records, diagrams and charts.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires enrollment as an undergraduate student at a recognized college or university.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts and apply them accurately.
- The ability to follow general and detailed instructions as well as organizational policies and procedures;
- Basic communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interface with internal professionals.
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Basic computer skills.
Paid Time Off
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
“The people I work with and the great opportunities to grow are the reasons I look forward to coming to work every day.”– Ralph, Technician
“I enjoy working with good people and knowing I am helping our great military.”– Joe, Fabricator
“I chose General Atomics because I wanted to work in a challenging work environment.”– Tony, Composite Technician
“I'm excited to come to work because of the new projects and challenges.”– James, Quality Composite Inspector