UAV Pilot - OSGCS Qualified/ Non-DeployableDate posted 04/16/2016
Job ID#: 8424BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: UAV Pilot - OSGCS Qualified/ Non-Deployable
Job Category: Pilots
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general direction, the OSGCS Qualified/Non-Deployable Pilot III's will be responsible for coordinating ground flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and ground flight safety.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and actively participates in ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and safety.
- Remotely pilots vehicle to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers.
- Defines, plans, organizes and executes flight programs and flight test events.
- Ensures compliance with service guidance, company policy and procedures and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- May develop and verify procedures for use with new aircraft features and participates in the development of operational and safety procedures and training syllabus courseware.
- Conducts demonstrations and participates in operational ground and flight tests of assigned UAV(s). Represents the organization with military and commercial customers.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions/Other duties as assigned or required.
- FAA Ratings such as FAA Private Pilot Certificate, FAA Instrument Rating, FAA Commercial Certificate, FAA Certified Flight Instructor, (CFI), FAA Certified Flight Instructor Instrument (CFII).
- 800 hours PIC with 500 Unmanned Aircraft hours in an OSGCS.
- Graduate of DA or DES IO Course.
- Familiarity with Army forms, records and publications as well as Contractor Flight and Ground Operations procedures and records (DCMA 8210).
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a four-year technical degree or trade school equivalency and five or more years experience in UAV operation or aviation. Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of UAV and FAA principles, theories and concepts.
- Must possess: (1) FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with a current instrument rating and ability to maintain commercial certificate and instrument currency or a specialized aircraft system qualification; (2) at least five hundred (500) hours as Pilot-in-Command (PIC) with UAV instructor or multiple UAV aircraft qualification; (3)ability to obtain DOD security clearance as well as customer specific clearance(s); (4) excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees and military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew; and (5) detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- US citizenship required.