UAV Pilot - DeployableDate posted 05/04/2016
Job ID#: 8615BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: UAV Pilot - Deployable
Job Category: Pilots
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for coordinating ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety. Serves as Pilot-in-Command (PIC) of assigned Unmanned Air Vehicle(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Must possess current FAA Class II Medical Certificate or DoD equivalent.
- Acts as Pilot-in-Command (PIC) of an MQ-9 UAV in support of customer requirements.
- Oversees and may actively participate in ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and safety.
- Remotely pilots vehicle to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers.
- Defines, plans, organizes and executes complex flight programs and flight test events.
- Ensures compliance with service guidance, company policy and procedures and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- Develops and verifies procedures for use with new aircraft features. Develops operational and safety procedures and training syllabus courseware.
- Conducts demonstrations and participates in operational and experimental ground and flight tests of assigned UAV(s). Represents the organization with senior military and commercial customers.
- Instructs UAV student pilots and instructor pilots-in-training in ground and flight operations.
- Evaluates UAV pilots to ensure standardization of company procedures and practices.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a four-year technical degree or trade school equivalency and nine or more years experience in UAV operation or aviation. Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Qualified MQ-1/MQ-9 Pilot.
- Current qualified Instructor/Evaluator is highly desired.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of UAV and FAA principles, theories and concepts.
- Must possess: (1) FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with a current instrument rating and ability to maintain commercial certificate and instrument currency or a specialized aircraft system qualification;(2) FAA Certified Flight Instructor Certificate (CFI) and ability to maintain CFI certificate currency. (3) at least five hundred (500) hours as Pilot-in-Command (PIC) with UAV Pilot Evaluator qualification; (4) one thousand (1000)UAV hours; (5) multiple aircraft UAV Pilot Evaluator qualification; (6)ability to obtain DOD secret clearance as well as customer specific clearance(s); (7) ability to travel on CONUS and OCONUS deployments; (8) excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees, including senior management and senior military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew; and (9) detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- The ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- US citizenship required.