UAV Pilot - DeployableDate posted 01/19/2016
Job ID#: 7448BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: UAV Pilot - Deployable
Job Category: Pilots
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We have an exciting opportunity for a UAV Pilot at our El Mirage Facility near Palmdale!
Under close supervision, this position is responsible for coordinating ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety. Serves as Pilot-in-Command (PIC) of assigned Unmanned Air Vehicle(s) (UAV).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must possess FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with a current instrument rating and the ability to maintain instrument currency. Minimum of 300 hours PIC required.
- Must possess current FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required .
- Ability to travel on CONUS and OCONUS.
- Coordinates and actively participates in ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution, briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and safety.
- Remotely pilots vehicle to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers.
- Defines, plans, organizes and executes flight programs and flight test events.
- Ensures compliance with service guidance, company policy and procedures and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations. May conduct demonstrations and tests of assigned UAV(s).
- May represent the organization with military and commercial customers.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions: Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a four-year technical degree or trade school equivalency. Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a basic understanding of UAV and FAA principles, theories and concepts.
- Must possess: (1) FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with a current instrument rating and the ability to maintain instrument currency or a specialized aircraft system qualification (2) three hundred (300) hours as PIC; (3) ability to obtain DOD secret clearance as well as customer specific clearance(s); (4) ability to travel on CONUS and OCONUS deployments; (5)good analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees and military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew; and (6) basic knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- US Citizenship required.
- Certified Flight Instructor and Instrument rating (CFII) is highly desired.