Sensor Operator LRE Instructor QualifiedDate posted 12/12/2018
Job ID#: 21869BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Sensor Operator LRE Instructor Qualified
Job Category: Pilots
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Sensor Operator to join our Flight Operations located in our El Mirage Facility near Palmdale, California!
Without appreciable direction, this position exercises considerable latitude in overseeing ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety. Assists the Pilot-In-Command (PIC) in safe operation of the aircraft and ensures mission execution. Qualified in multiple aircraft. As Instructor Sensor Operator, provides academic and in-flight instruction and serves as company SO flight examiner and subject matter expert. Interacts directly with Engineering in the development of Predator aircraft and represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts or projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and may actively participate in ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution, briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and safety.
- Operate the payload of the UAV, on the ground and in flight, in support of customer requirements and successful execution of the mission.
- Develops and verifies procedures for use with new aircraft features; develops operational and safety procedures and training syllabus courseware.
- Conducts demonstrations, participates in operational and experimental ground and flight tests of assigned UAV(s), and represents organization with senior military and commercial customers.
- Instructs UAV student SOs in ground and flight operations and is qualified in multiple aircraft.
- Evaluates UAV SOs to ensure standardization of Company procedures and practices.
- Assist the PIC in complying with all governing regulations including service guidance, company procedures and Federal Aviation Administration Regulations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a High School diploma or equivalent and five or more years of experience (or 1,000+ hours) in UAV operations or aviation. Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education. Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of UAV and FAA principles, theories and concepts.
- Must possess: (1) Ability to obtain and maintain a customer specific security clearance; (2) Detailed understanding of UAVs, tactical reconnaissance and aviation principles; (3) excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees, including senior management and senior military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew; and (4) detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- The ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to obtain an FAA Class II medical certificate. 1,000+ hours in UAV operations or aviation.
- Ability to obtain a DOD secret clearance as well as customer specific clearances(s)
- Ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS; The ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Additional education al training equivalent to the completion of a two year technical degree or trade school equivalency is strongly desired.
- USAF Qualified MQ-9/MQ-1 Sensor Operator, (LRE/MCE), with a current Form 8.
- Qualified Sensor Operator Instructor evaluator in the Predator/Reaper family of aircraft.
- Possession of at least two-hundred and fifty (500) hours as a Sensor Operator in the Predator/Reaper family of aircraft is strongly desired.
- US citizenship required.
Travel Percentage Required : 50% - 75%
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret