Sensor Operator Flight-Ground InstructorDate posted 12/10/2018
Job ID#: 21844BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Sensor Operator Flight-Ground Instructor
Job Category: Pilots
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sensor Operator Flight-Ground Instructor at our Flight Operations Facility in Palmdale, California.
This position is the most skilled and qualified Company Predator Sensor Operator. This position is responsible for serving as a permanent, full time, Test Sensor Operator, Instructor Sensor Operator, and Sensor Operator Flight Examiner consulting directly with Executive management in all areas of Predator aircraft development. Serves as subject matter expert in all aspects of the Predator Unmanned Aircraft System to include hardware and software, ground control station hardware and software and operational and experimental ground and flight testing of Predator aircraft.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform duties as Experimental Test and Evaluation Sensor Operator
- Performs duties as Instructor Sensor Operator and Sensor Operator Flight Examiner
- Perform duties as Sensor Operator of the Predator Family of Unmanned Air Vehicles
- Perform mission planning, briefing, mission execution and debriefing
- Instruct UAV student sensor operators in all aspects of UAV ground and flight operations. This training includes academic (platform instruction) and in-flight instruction
- Responsible for complying with all governing regulations including service guidance, company procedures and Federal Aviation Administration Regulations
- Consults directly with Company engineering and senior management as subject matter expert in developing Predator aircraft
- Develops and verifies procedures for use with new aircraft features
- Supports training syllabus courseware development to include research, word processing and presentation development
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a High School diploma or equivalent and six or more years of experience (or 750+ hours with LRE experience or 1,500+ hours MCE only) in UAV operations or aviation. Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of UAV and FAA principles, theories and concepts.
- Must possess: (1) Detailed understanding of UAVs, tactical reconnaissance and aviation principles; (2) excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees, including senior management and senior military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew; and (3) detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- The ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours.
- Ability to obtain an FAA Class II medical certificate.
- 750+ hours with LRE experience or 1,500+ hours MCE only in UAV operations.
- The ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Additional education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a four year technical degree or trade school equivalency is strongly desired.
- Preferred: Current and qualified MQ-1/9 experience is highly desired. MQ-9 Launch and Recovery Instructor Sensor Operator experience. Previous qualifications as an instructor in an aircraft in the air-to-ground role."
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret