Sensor Operator - DeployableDate posted 03/03/2016
Job ID#: 8004BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Sensor Operator - Deployable
Job Category: Pilots
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for coordinating ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety. Serves as a Sensor Operator (MQ-9, MCE only) of assigned Unmanned Air Vehicle(s) (UAV).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- Must possess current FAA Class II Medical Certificate or DoD equivalent.
- Acts as Sensor Operator of an MQ-9 UAV in support of customer requirements at Creech, AFB.
- Assist the Pilot in Command (PIC) defining, planning, organizing and executing complex flight profiles in a tactical environment in support of customer requirements. .
- Coordinates and actively participates in ground and flight operations efforts with the PIC including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and safety.
- Ensures compliance with service guidance, company policy and procedures and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a High School diploma or equivalent and six or more years of previous sensor operator experience or experience with the operation of complex, integrated systems, preferably airborne sensors, including three or more years experience in UAV operation or aviation with significant deployment experience.
- Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of UAVs, tactical reconnaissance and aviation principles.
- Must possess: (1) ability to obtain a DOD secret clearance as well as customer specific clearances(s); (2) ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS; (3) ability to obtain an FAA Class II medical certificate; (4) strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees, military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew; (5) the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information; and (6) detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Possession of at least two-hundred and fifty (250) hours as a Sensor Operator in the Predator/Reaper family of aircraft.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Additional education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a two year technical degree or trade school equivalency is strongly desired.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance is required.
- US Citizenship required.
- USAF qualified MQ-9 Sensor Operator, MCE only, with a current Form 8 is highly desired.