Sensor Operator - DeployableDate posted 02/17/2016
Job ID#: 7792BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Sensor Operator - Deployable
Job Category: Pilots
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under close supervision, this position is responsible for the operation of the sensor/payload on the UAV during all phases of ground and flight operations. The sensor operator will also serve as a crewmember of the UAV, assisting the Pilot-In-Command (PIC) as directed for safe operation of the aircraft to include reading checklists, assisting in emergencies and effective crew resource management. The sensor operator will assist the PIC with mission planning, briefing, mission execution, ground and flight safety and debriefing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the PIC in ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution, briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and safety.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Must have the ability to deploy CONUS/OCONUS.
- Operates the payload of the UAV, on the ground and in flight, in support of customer requirements and successful execution of the mission.
- Assist the PIC in complying with all governing regulations including service guidance, company procedures and Federal Aviation Administration Regulations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a High School diploma or equivalent and three or more years sensor operator experience or experience with the operation of complex, integrated systems, preferably airborne sensors.
- Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of UAVs, tactical reconnaissance and aviation principles.
- Must possess: (1) ability to obtain a DOD secret clearance as well as customer specific clearances(s); (2) ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS; (3) ability to obtain an FAA Class II medical certificate; (4) strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees, military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew; (5) the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information; and (6) general knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- US citizenship is required.
- Additional education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a two year technical degree or trade school equivalency and six months of deployed UAV operational experience is strongly desired.