Project ManagerPalmdale, California
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
This position is responsible for managing and coordinating the daily operational aspects of a project and serves as the liaison between project management and the project team, planning, and line management to present and exchange information for the Compliance Department at El Mirage, CA. The Compliance Dept. bids, develops, and sustains internal/external manuals and procedures, leads cross functional and optimization teams, and actively participates with customers to solve problems and effectively build consensus across program principles, concepts, and practices at the flight operations facility.
This position participates with management and engineering/scientific teams to establish objectives, plans, and timelines for the development of comprehensive technical documents such as procedure manuals, operational specifications, training manuals, presentations, articles, and related technical publications.
Continually reviews status of the project and budget; manages schedules and develops appropriate reports to document progress of the project.
May serve as a spokesperson on technical documentation and may participate with technical team(s) to resolve technical/operational issues.
Assesses project issues and develops solutions to meet production, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
Functions in a leadership role providing direction and guidance to professional or technical staff.
Participates in the development of mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project management, line management, and the customer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with development of project plan and manage resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality, and specification goals are attained.
- Monitor project schedule, timeline, and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet delivery goals.
- Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Develops detailed plans, cost estimates, and proposals for technical documents and production/test operations.
- Monitor work of project management staff, providing technical support and direction when necessary.
- Create progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation. May present results to project staff when necessary.
- Coordinate with staff and project team to expand services and potential business opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and other regulations.
- Identify and assess project issues and develop recommendations for solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- May act as a lead providing direction and guidance to employees working on assigned project.
- May coordinate reproduction, release, distribution, and appropriate storage of documents.
- May participate in the request for proposal (RFP) process to generate new business.
- May represent the organization as a primary contact on assigned project(s).
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or related discipline and at least six years of progressively complex experience in project administration and/or professional in-depth engineering/scientific/technical/military documentation.
- May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a good understanding of project management processes and procedures, planning and scheduling methods, and budget management as well as the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- Must demonstrate a comprehensive and thorough understanding of the engineering/scientific principles underlying the technology and a comprehensive and thorough understanding of technical document preparation.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of the development of technical manuals and documentation, including editing and choice of media.
- Must possess:
- the ability to initiate, plan and manage projects;
- the ability to develop, acquire, interpret and communicate engineering/scientific technical data;
- the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a wide range of issues;
- strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and,
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
“At Diazyme you get an opportunity to work and collaborate with a team that develops and provides diagnostic products that improve healthcare quality.”– Nancy, Quality Lead
“Working in Research and Development means every day is something new and exciting. It's always a challenge to test new materials to see if they behave as you expect. It's never boring.”– Steven, Research & Development Engineer
"I like knowing that the projects I work on contribute to the defense of our country."– Micah, Mechanical Engineer
“I work in the Components Engineering and Obsolescence Management Dept. Our efforts are saving General Atomics several millions of dollars by proactively leading and informing the company of all these decisions which significantly impact production, sustainment and new designs.”– John, Staff Engineer