Facilities Mechanical Maintenance SupervisorDate posted 12/21/2016
Job ID#: 10643BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Facilities Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Job Category: Facilities
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity at our Palmdale Flight Test Facilities as a Facilities Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor. This position is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of facilities maintenance services, which include HVAC, water, gas, sewage, and energy management control systems. Plans and directs the activities of the group to ensure smooth flow of work and continuous operation. Establishes and modifies operational procedures. Maintains up to date accurate documentation and reports to reflect facilities maintenance activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the daily operations of facilities maintenance services, which include HVAC, water, gas, sewage, and energy management control systems.
- Establishes and modifies operational procedures.
- Maintains up to date accurate documentation and reports to reflect facilities maintenance activities.
- Manages the daily operation of the mechanical equipment personnel and provides maintenance and operation support of mechanical and HVAC equipment and site plumbing.
- Manages and participates in HVAC equipment operations including hardware operations, run-time scheduling and temperature set points.
- Develops and implements preventative and predictive maintenance procedures.
- Provides coordination of assignments between requestor, facilities maintenance staff and necessary contractor personnel.
- Audits and authorizes payment of material orders in support of facility maintenance and authorized upgrades and procurement of necessary materiel to maintain stock.
- Develops and maintains logs of repair operations performed for the site’s HVAC, water, gas, sewage and mechanical equipment.
- Coordinates and participates in selecting, motivating, evaluating, and managing mechanical maintenance staff. Oversees and maintains employee training and safety standards.
- Acts as key point of contact for site mechanical maintenance operations and associated personnel.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Prepares monthly status reports and other reports or documentation as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires an associate’s degree or two-year technical or trade school certification along with nine or more years of progressive experience in facilities maintenance with at least three of those years as a supervisor. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate expertise in facilities maintenance with detailed and extensive knowledge of facility operation including HVAC, water, gas, sewage and mechanical equipment.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with a clean driving record verified by the DMV.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify, analyze, interpret and report on issues; (2) good organization and leadership skills to maintain flow of work within the unit by assigning workloads to personnel; (3) excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with all levels of employees, external customers and management; (4) the ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource; (5) the ability to analyze and use judgment in resolving highly complex technical and management issues and problems; (6) strong knowledge of computer operations and applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and specialized facilities management software.
- Training as a journeyman HVAC mechanic, electrician, or plumber is preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as well as the ability to work extended hours as required.