Facilities Construction SupervisorDate posted 12/21/2016
Job ID#: 10644BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Facilities Construction Supervisor
Job Category: Facilities
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity at our Palmdale Flight Operations Facilities as a Facilities Construction Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the daily operations of facilities construction services, which include HVAC, water, gas, sewage, electrical distribution systems, fire and security alarm systems, underground, concrete and energy management control systems.
- Manages the daily operation of the in-house construction personnel to complete projects and tasks assigned.
- Establishes and modifies operational procedures.
- Prepares monthly status reports and other reports or documentation as requested. Maintains up to date accurate documentation to reflect facilities construction activities.
- Provides coordination of assignments between the requester, facilities construction staff and necessary contractor personnel.
- Provides leadership and direction to employees through effective communications, mentoring, coaching, training and development.
- Audits and authorizes payment of material orders in support of facility construction and authorized upgrades and procurement of necessary materiel to maintain stock.
- Coordinates and participates in selecting, motivating, evaluating, and managing facility construction staff.
- Key point of contact for site construction operations and associated personnel.
- Maintains construction schedules and reports to management.
- Examines blueprints and identifies discrepancies for projects.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires an associate’s degree or two-year technical or trade school certification along with nine or more years of progressive experience in construction trades with at least three of those years as a supervisor. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate expertise in the construction industry, with detailed and extensive knowledge of two or more trades including HVAC, water, gas, sewage, electrical distribution systems, fire and security alarm systems, underground, concrete and energy management control systems.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) a valid California driver’s license with a clean driving record verified by the DMV; (2) the ability to identify, analyze, interpret and report on issues; (3) good organization and leadership skills to maintain flow of work within the unit by assigning workloads to personnel; (4) excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with all levels of employees, external customers and management; (5) the ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource; (6) the ability to analyze and use judgment in resolving highly complex technical and management issues and problems; (7) strong knowledge of computer operations and applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and specialized facilities management software.
- Ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as well as the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Training as a journeyman HVAC mechanic, electrician, or plumber is preferred.