Experienced Training DeveloperDate posted 06/16/2016
Job ID#: 8988BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Experienced Training Developer
Job Category: Administrative
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and coordinates curriculum; conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
- Develops training schedules; develops course content and coordinates the development of training aids.
- Develops and administers student examinations; continuously revises lesson plans to meet new training requirements and to keep technical information up to date.
- Maintains certification records on trained personnel.
- Coordinates training program with customer and/or contractor personnel; standardizes user training with technical manuals and other aspects of integrated logistics support.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related technical field and three or more years experience developing and administering technical training.
- Must have a general technical understanding of division/subsidiary/affiliate product(s) and the ability to read, understand, and integrate technical writing source material into training curriculum.
- Must possess the ability to organize, schedule and coordinate multiple work phases; determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level; and have experience demonstrating a general application of training practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity; (2) strong verbal and written communication and presentations skills to accurately train, document, and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) strong interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees and customers; (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (5) the ability to obtain a security clearance; and (6) strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Must be a US citizen