Experienced Logistics ManagerPalmdale, California
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Logistics Manager to join our team and support operations in Palmdale, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position is responsible for the planning, managing, and administration of integrated logistics strategies and processes.
- Ensures that customer support requirements and objectives are achieved within budgets and schedules to meet marketing and financial objectives.
- Ensures superior execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes, such as supportability analysis planning and database development processes, the product support and replenishment system, product support data interchange systems, demand management and related functions.
- Builds relationships with strategic customers through logistic initiatives. Integrates learning from customers, competitors, other industries, industry groups, and professional training to continuously improve competitive position.
- May accomplish objectives through subordinate management and/or professional staff. May be responsible for decisions that have a serious impact on outcomes such as changes to project schedules and/or allocation of resources.
- Manage and participate in the planning of logistics strategies, and establish standard logistics processes and tools.
- Monitor all contract logistics activities for compliance with standard processes.
- Coordinate logistics activities for selected projects, including logistics planning, training, supply chain activities from point of manufacturing through support, deployment, freight, warehousing, customer freight, order management, customer warehousing, customer store shipment, and customer placement.
- Identify logistics issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying manufacturing or supply chain processes.
- Act as the primary contact for logistics activities and lead progress planning and review sessions to discuss costs, schedule, and technical performance.
- Develop and implement annual and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business, and financial objectives for logistic activities and participate in the development of overall unit/Division/Group annual and long-term objectives.
- Contribute to contract negotiations and contract modifications.
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract(s).
- Manage and actively participate in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively complex logistics experience in a manufacturing environment with at least five of those years managing logistics processes. Additional equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the principles, concepts, and practices of logistics management and experience demonstrating a broad application of those practices and standards.
- Must have comprehensive project management and leadership skills, including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve complex management and technical problems and serve as spokesperson on logistic issues.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
“At Diazyme you get an opportunity to work and collaborate with a team that develops and provides diagnostic products that improve healthcare quality.”– Nancy, Quality Lead
“Working in Research and Development means every day is something new and exciting. It's always a challenge to test new materials to see if they behave as you expect. It's never boring.”– Steven, Research & Development Engineer
"I like knowing that the projects I work on contribute to the defense of our country."– Micah, Mechanical Engineer
“I work in the Components Engineering and Obsolescence Management Dept. Our efforts are saving General Atomics several millions of dollars by proactively leading and informing the company of all these decisions which significantly impact production, sustainment and new designs.”– John, Staff Engineer