Experienced Airfield Operations SpecialistDate posted 09/17/2016
Job ID#: 9890BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Experienced Airfield Operations Specialist
Job Category: Safety
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity at our Palmdale Flight Operations Facility as an experienced Airfield Safety Officer. Summary Under limited supervision of the airfield safety supervisor and shift lead, this position serves as a senior crewmember responsible for maintaining entire airfield/movement area in compliance with company requirements. Conducts daily inspections to identify hazards to safe aircraft operations and maintenance. Responds to all airfield incidents/accidents as a member of the ARFF/Emergency Response Team. Ensures constant level of preparedness through standard company training and self-education on basic airfield operations and emergency response.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs daily inspections of all airport safety and operational areas and equipment including runway and taxiways, airfield lighting, parking aprons, hangars, fuel storage areas, and perimeter fences and gates for hazardous conditions related to aviation operations.
- Maintains and repairs airport facilities and grounds by performing sweeper runs, weed control, asphalt repair and litter control. May assist maintenance personnel in other repairs necessary to ensure flight safety.
- Performs duties to monitor and enforce flight, fire and life safety regulations/procedures including flight line vehicle operations and foreign object debris control.
- Provides crash response services to unmanned aerial vehicles operating at the airfield and prepares site for follow-on investigation in accordance with the facility Pre-Mishap Plan.
- Performs fire prevention activities and services throughout the airfield/facility, including frequent fire detection/FOD rounds and response to hazardous material spills as necessary.
- Responds to other emergencies as necessary and is prepared to provide basic first aid assistance, including CPR/AED, to company personnel in distress. Coordinates with public emergency services as necessary.
- Maintains all fire prevention/departmental equipment in a serviceable/ready status, including fire vehicles, response vehicles, sweeper vehicles, extinguishing equipment and other related tools.
- Performs wildlife control/dispersal/disposal methods to ensure airfield and airspace safety.
- Ensures compliance with required training and maintains any required certifications (e.g. firefighter driver’s license endorsement, CPR/AED Instructor.)
- Required to perform shift work in a rotation of days, evenings and nights, to include weekends and holidays.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- May serve as shift lead.
- May conduct departmental training on specialized experience or skills (i.e. CPR/AED instructor.)
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and five or more years’ experience in airport operations, aircraft emergency response, or fire/emergency service.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations.
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other company departments and outside agencies.
- The ability to accurately document and maintain records and files.
- The ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work different shifts, workdays and extended hours as required.