Department SpecialistDate posted 12/20/2016
Job ID#: 10635BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Department Specialist
Job Category: Administrative
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under limited supervision, this position performs a variety of activities in support of functional areas such as finance, purchasing, or human resources or for one or more project/business/technical units. Maintains, processes, reviews, compiles, and may analyze a variety of electronic and hard copy reports, records, statistics, timelines, tables, correspondence, and presentations, which may be sensitive and confidential in nature and which requires considerable use of tact and discretion in handling. May design processes to enhance workflow, and develop and make presentations. Provides data and information on requests from all levels of employees, customers, vendors, and other authorized parties and/or agencies. Interacts with management and representatives of outside organizations. May provide direction to less experienced staff. Assignments are of moderate scope and importance where judgment is required in analyzing, interpreting, and making recommendations in resolving non-routine issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the activities of one or more functional areas or one or more project/business/technical units.
- Gathers, collects, records, tracks, verifies data and information from multiple sources.
- Coordinates, tracks, and reports on the progress of unit work assignments and/or projects.
- Maintains, develops, and updates a variety of electronic and/or hard copy reports and records which may be confidential and sensitive in nature for a variety of parties, which may require independent interaction with management, customers, vendors or agencies.
- Responds to routine verbal and written requests for information from internal sources and may respond to verbal and written requests for information from authorized external parties and/or agencies.
- Prepares requested electronic and hard copy reports, and presentations.
- May make internal staff presentations.
- May provide direction to less experienced staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and four or more years experience in a field related to the specialized functional area or unit where assigned.
- Must demonstrate considerable knowledge of assigned functional area principles, theories and concepts.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to establish priorities.
- The ability to identify issues, solve and respond to routine problems or situations that require interpretation.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, interpret and explain moderately complex information as well as the ability to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of personnel, including management, customers and vendors.
- Practical understanding of applicable policies and procedures as well as relevant regulations.
- Considerable knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.