CustodianDate posted 08/20/2016
Job ID#: 9560BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Custodian
Job Category: Facilities
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We have an exciting opportunity for a Custodian to join our Facilities Department at our Gray Butte, CA location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under close supervision with detailed instructions, this employee maintains buildings, grounds, and office areas in a clean, orderly, and sanitary condition.
- Cleans assigned areas according to established standards.
- Sweeps, mops, dusts and vacuums offices, hallways and entrances.
- Polishes furniture, fixtures or trimmings.
- Reports items needing repair and hazardous conditions requiring correction to supervisor.
- Follows established antiseptic techniques and uses appropriate solutions to clean and wash fixtures and restrooms.
- Gathers and disposes of trash. Washes and relines waste containers.
- Cleans carpets as necessary.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned of required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and one or more years of related experience in janitorial services.
- Additional work experience may substitute for high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess: (1) the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in English; (2) a valid driver's license verified by the DMV; and (3) the ability to use power equipment.
- Requires the ability to use power equipment.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds as well as lifting above shoulders.
- The ability to work independently is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.