Aircraft TechnicianPalmdale, California
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity at our Palmdale Flight Operations Facility as an Aircraft Technician.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for assembly, test, and repair of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions and technical orders, procedures and regulations to ensure customer specifications are met.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include aircraft assembly, test, and repair of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV).
- Must be detail-oriented, deadline sensitive and able to work effectively in a team setting.
- Performs installation and test of electro/mechanical actuators, landing gear, fuel systems, and avionics systems with limited supervision.
- Aircraft assembly could include cable routing, installation of aircraft system components, installation of engine support systems, and airframe related items.
- Will also be responsible for off-aircraft assembly of spare components and support equipment.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, drawings, and engineering specifications.
- Must have strong skills using conventional hand tools, calipers, micrometers, torque wrenches, and Fluke meters.
- Knowledge of office personal computer operating systems is required.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating practices and procedures.
- Must work extended hours when required. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- This facility operates on a 9/80 schedule
- Typically requires Associate's degree or equivalent with two or more years of experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must be able to work with common hand tools and operate common and specialized test equipment.
- Must have the capability to perform complex assignments with little or no direction.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is desired.
- Education in Aircraft Maintenance Technician, Aviation Electronics, or Airframe & Powerplant license is desired.
- Must be a US citizen.
“At Diazyme you get an opportunity to work and collaborate with a team that develops and provides diagnostic products that improve healthcare quality.”– Nancy, Quality Lead
“Working in Research and Development means every day is something new and exciting. It's always a challenge to test new materials to see if they behave as you expect. It's never boring.”– Steven, Research & Development Engineer
"I like knowing that the projects I work on contribute to the defense of our country."– Micah, Mechanical Engineer
“I work in the Components Engineering and Obsolescence Management Dept. Our efforts are saving General Atomics several millions of dollars by proactively leading and informing the company of all these decisions which significantly impact production, sustainment and new designs.”– John, Staff Engineer