Aircraft MechanicDate posted 12/19/2018
Job ID#: 21981BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Aircraft Mechanic
Job Category: A&P/Mechanics, Avionics/Electronics, Engineering, Manufacturing, Material and Production Control, Pilots, Technicians
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply. Under close supervision, this position is responsible for providing flight line and ground support. Troubleshoots, repairs, and services aircraft and/or engine systems to determine related problems. Provides technical assistance in mechanical and inspection work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the performance of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Assist in the inspection of powerplant and related components at regular intervals adhering to company approved procedures, maintenance manuals, and/or government technical order requirements.
- Assist in the repair of fuel leaks, oil leaks, and engine problems. Assist in the removal and replacement of airframe and/or engine components.
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with established company procedures and/or government and customer technical order requirements.
- May perform all launch and recovery tasks of aircraft to include ground operations, preflight items, ground observer responsibilities, and post flight items.
- May participate in the performance of engine and airframe operational checks and installation of payloads.
- May participate in the performance of Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) in accordance with company and customer guidelines.
- May inspect, test, maintain, and operate ground support equipment.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Typically, incumbent has little or no knowledge of job requirements and moderate understating of general job aspects.
- Must be a US Citizen
- An FAA Airframe & Powerplant License is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
- Must possess: (1) general working knowledge of hand tools and precision measuring equipment; (2) basic computer skills; and (3) basic interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees and military and civilian customers.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team and be able to work extended hours as required.
We offer Fantastic Benefits
- Paid on-the-job training (OJT) program enables successful performance and career advancement.
- Competitive salaries in a pay-for-performance environment.
- 401(K) and Pension Plan with company contribution.
- Extensive relocation package.
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision benefits with coverage offered within the first 30 days.
- Enhanced benefits package including life and disability insurances, flexible spending accounts and legal plans.
- Regular Full Time
- 9/80 work week
- Shift work with paid differentials
- Must be capable of walking long distances and standing for extended periods of time (2-3 hours at a time).
- Ability to work in extreme hot and cold weather conditions.
- Ability to crawl under aircraft as well as to climb ladders.
- Position requires frequent bending, kneeling and twisting.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Travel Percentage Required : None
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret