Project ManagerDate posted 12/08/2016
Job ID#: 10353BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Category: Program/Project Management
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems, related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors, superconducting and conventional rotating motors, power inverters, high-energy capacitors, radiation monitoring systems, high-voltage direct current power distribution systems, and numerous other products.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to support our Sensors and Surveillance Systems team with the research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) of advanced sensor systems for security, surveillance and situational awareness in our Oxford, MS location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create project plan(s) and manage resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality, and specification goals are attained.
- Oversee and monitor project schedule, timelines, and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet delivery goals.
- Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Develop and track project plans for programs of record to include resource loading, schedules, budgets, forecasts, and status reports.
- Author subcontractor Statements of Work and manage subcontractor performance.
- Manage risk, identify and resolve issues, and expand the current business by identifying and winning new business opportunities.
- Assign and monitor work of project management staff, providing technical support and direction when necessary.
- Interpret and administer policies, processes and procedures that impact project(s).
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Collaborate across management and project team to expand services and potential business opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and other regulations.
- Identify and assess project issues and develop solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to employees working on assigned project. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- May be required to interpret and administer policies and procedures that impact project(s).
- May participate in, lead segments of or provide overall management for the request for proposal (RFP) process to generate new business.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration field with at least five of those years in project management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
- A Bachelors degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Experience with program or cost account management on Government EVMS (Earned Value Management)contracts is required.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of project management processes and procedures, planning and scheduling methods, and budget management as well as the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects; (2) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of non-routine matters of diverse scope and nature; (3) strong analytical, communication, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and, (4) the ability to work independently and lead in a team environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.