MQ-9 Pilot (DEPLOYABLE)Date posted 12/19/2018
Job ID#: 22011BR
Company: General Atomics Systems Integration
Job Title: MQ-9 Pilot (DEPLOYABLE)
Job Category: Pilots
City: Las Vegas
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Systems Integration, LLC (GA-SI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a provider of military and commercial engineering services. GA-SI is a leading-edge expert in systems integration technologies, reliability improvements, and controls system design.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced UAV Pilot to join our Aero Services Division. Employees can live in any state but must be able to deploy both CONUS and OCONUS in support of company projects. Employee's in this role enjoy a Flex deployment rotation schedule of roughly 12-16 weeks working and 12 week off while maintaining full benefits. Flex employees work only while deployed or in a training status, receive competitive deployment compensation, and the company provides a monthly stipend to maintain flight currencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Without appreciable direction, this position exercises considerable latitude in overseeing RPA ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety.
- Determines compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers.
- Defines, plans, organizes and executes flight plans and schedules.
- Conducts demonstrations and participates in operational and experimental ground and flight tests of assigned UAV(s). Represents the organization with senior military and commercial customers.
- Performs as Pilot-in-Command of Company Unmanned Air Vehicles.
- Utilizes various manuals such as the Airplane Flight Manuals, Flight Crew Operating Manual, and other documents and reports to ascertain factors such as aircraft weight and balance, fuel supply, route, schedule, and mechanical reliability.
- Ensures compliance with service guidance, company policy and procedures and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires education/training equivalent to the completion of a four-year technical degree or trade school equivalency and five or more years experience in UAV operation or aviation. Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate extensive understanding of UAV and FAA principles, theories and concepts.
- DOD specialized remotely piloted aircraft system training / qualification documented on USAF Form 8 or equivalent or FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with a current instrument rating and the ability to maintain instrument currency
- Pilot-in-Command (PIC) with UAV instructor or multiple UAV aircraft qualification.
- Must possess:
- 500 hours as Pilot-in-Command (PIC) with UAV instructor or multiple UAV aircraft qualification (2) one thousand (1000)UAV hours
- Ability to obtain an FAA Class II medical certificate.
- Multiple aircraft UAV Pilot Evaluator qualifications.
- Ability to travel on CONUS and ONCONUS.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees, including senior management and senior military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew.
- Detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to obtain DOD secret clearance as well as customer specific clearance(s)
- Certified Flight Instructor and Instrument rating (CFII) is highly desired.
- The ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 50% - 75%
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret