Senior MCE UAV PilotDate posted 12/21/2018
Job ID#: 22033BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Senior MCE UAV Pilot
Job Category: Pilots
City: Indian Springs
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Without appreciable direction, this position exercises considerable latitude in overseeing flight operation efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety. Serves as Mission Control Element (MCE) Pilot-in-Command (PIC) of assigned Unmanned Air Vehicle(s) (UAV).
- Coordinates and actively participate in flight operation efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and safety.
- Defines, plans, organizes and executes unusually complex flight profiles in a tactical environment in support of customer requirements.
- Ensures compliance with service guidance, company policy and procedures.
- Interacts directly with customer in the employment of aircraft on matters of importance to include the collection of data, tactical situation and overall mission
- May act as an Evaluator Pilot, providing academic and in-flight instruction, a company Flight Examiner and subject matter expert.
- May evaluate UAV pilots to ensure standardization of company procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a four-year technical degree or trade school equivalency and nine or more years experience in UAV operation or aviation. Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of UAV and FAA principles, theories and concepts. Must possess:
- (1) FAA Pilot Certificate with a current instrument rating and ability to maintain instrument currency or DOD specialized aircraft system qualification;
- (2) at least three thousand (3000) hours flight experience in a manned aircraft or UAV;
- (3) ability to obtain and maintain a customer specific security clearance;
- (4) excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees, including senior management and senior military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew; and
- (5) detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- The ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Top Secret (SCI access eligible)