Systems Integration Engineer - HuntsvilleDate posted 08/31/2018
Job ID#: 20576BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Systems Integration Engineer - Huntsville
Job Category: Engineering
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Integration Engineer in our Army Programs group located in Huntsville, AL.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support test and evaluation of new capabilities and resolution to problems in a system integration lab (SIL) environment.
- Collaborates with multiple engineering disciplines to define and integrate systems onto existing platforms.
- Analyze and interpret test data to support validation of requirements and system capabilities.
- Supports operation of engineering systems by evaluating and interpreting needs and problems and develops effective approaches to resolving those issues.
- Keeps comprehensive notes/records, provides formal documentation and reports following established processes and makes technical presentations, as required.
- Provides technical coordination of vendors and suppliers.
- Represent the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and two or more years of engineering experience with a Bachelor's degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have experience with software development. Experience with C, C++ and scripting languages such as python.
- Analysis expertise desired with an emphasis on data collection, ad hoc queries and suitability measures. Experience with analysis tools such as MATLAB.
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: system modeling, avionics, system test, HMI, digital communication protocols such as RS-232/422, MIL-STD-1553 and Ethernet.
- Must have a general understanding of engineering concepts, principles, and theory with technical experience demonstrating the application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Desired