Systems Analysis ManagerDate posted 11/06/2018
Job ID#: 21362BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Systems Analysis Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Missile Defense and Space Systems organization for a Systems Analysis Manager. This functional management position provides oversight to a geographically distributed team responsible for developing simulations and models and guidance, navigation, and control systems and performing systems analyses for multiple programs including small satellites, projectiles, and missiles. This position is within the GA-EMS Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test group in Huntsville, Alabama.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises a group of engineers with expertise in software development, modeling and simulation, guidance, navigation, flight controls, mission planning, and fire control.
- Provides career path counseling to staff members.
- Ensures GA processes are understood and followed by Systems Analysis staff members.
- Responsible for reviewing, interviewing, and selecting Systems Analysis candidates to enhance the group’s skill depth and breadth.
- Coordinates with program managers to assign appropriately skilled personnel to tasks.
- Supports interactions with internal and external stakeholders and customers to identify user needs.
- Supports development of staffing/resource plans, master schedules, status reports, program management reviews, etc.
- Leads team responsible for the development of flight vehicle 3-DoF and 6-DoF simulations, subsystem and component models of varying degrees of fidelity, and system simulations.
- Leads team responsible for the development of documentation for the simulations, models, algorithms, and systems being developed.
- Leads team responsible for conducting performance analyses and trade studies for a variety of air vehicles and space systems.
- Drives rapid resolution of delays that impact systems analysis activities.
- Communicates effectively in real-time with leadership.
- Collaborates daily with GA personnel across all functional disciplines as well as customer representatives.
- Develops subcontractor statements of work and coordinate with subcontract administrators.
- Supports proposal development through contributions to technical volumes, cost basis of estimates, work breakdown structure development, schedule definition, and peer reviews.
- Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution as well as eleven or more years of progressively complex engineering experience with at least five of those years having management responsibilities. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- US citizenship is required.
- Must have a moderate level of knowledge of and experience with modeling, simulation, and guidance, navigation, and control.
- Experience with the development of missiles, projectiles, or small spacecraft is highly desired.
- Expertise and experience with fire control, mission planning, and battle management systems is highly desired.
- Ability to provide oversight of Systems Analysis personal and tasks across multiple programs and quickly change between them based on dynamic priorities.
- Must have thorough understanding of engineering principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
- Experience with C, C++, or other programming languages is desirable.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas; capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact and, lead a team of moderately experienced professional employees on single component projects.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Active DoD secret security clearance or higher is required.
- Travel Expectations: 10-20%
- Success in position requires consistent display of the following key abilities:
- Rapid and effective problem solving: identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems;
- Communication skills to document, develop, and present technical issues so that stakeholders across the organization readily understand the content and their related actions;
- Schedule performance: influencing and collaborating across the organization to result in contract schedule success.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret