Systems Analysis ManagerDate posted 11/06/2018
Job ID#: 21360BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Systems Analysis Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Missile Defense and Space Systems organization for a Systems Analysis Manager. This technical management position provides oversight to a team developing simulations and models and guidance, navigation, and control systems for multiple programs including small satellites, projectiles, and missiles. This position is within the GA-EMS Missile Defense and Space Systems group in Huntsville, Alabama.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises a small team of engineers with expertise in software development, modeling and simulation, guidance, navigation, flight controls, mission planning, and fire control.
- Provides technical mentoring to less experienced staff members.
- Ensures GA processes are understood and followed by Systems Analysis staff members.
- Supports the Systems Analysis Manager in reviewing, interviewing, and selecting candidates to enhance the group’s skill depth and breadth.
- Coordinates with the Systems Analysis Manager and program managers to assign appropriately skilled personnel to tasks.
- Supports interactions with internal and external stakeholders and customers to identify user needs.
- Supports development of staffing/resource plans, master schedules, status reports, program management reviews, etc.
- Provides leadership and technical oversight of the development of flight vehicle 3-DoF and 6-DoF simulations, subsystem and component models of varying degrees of fidelity, and system simulations.
- Provides leadership and technical oversight of the development of documentation for the simulations, models, algorithms, and systems being developed.
- Provides leadership and technical oversight of performance analyses and trade studies for a variety of air vehicles and space systems.
- Drives rapid resolution of delays that impact systems analysis activities.
- Communicates effectively in real-time with leadership.
- Collaborates daily with GA personnel across all functional disciplines as well as customer representatives.
- Develops subcontractor statements of work and coordinate with subcontract administrators.
- Supports proposal development through contributions to technical volumes, cost basis of estimates, work breakdown structure development, schedule definition, and peer reviews.
- Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret