Senior System IntegratorDate posted 11/30/2018
Job ID#: 21702BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Senior System Integrator
Job Category: Engineering
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
|General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.|
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test Department located in Huntsville, AL. This full-time position will serve as the System Integrator for developmental weapon systems. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership for a multi-disciplinary team distributed between Huntsville, AL and San Diego, CA. The System Integrator will support all phases of the design, development, integration, and test of a variety of advanced technology weapon systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, ten or more years of experience with a masters degree, or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- US citizenship is required.
- Active DoD secret security clearance or higher is required.
- Demonstrate an understanding of weapon subsystems and engineering disciplines including mechanical/airframe, aerodynamics, avionics, flight software, control systems, guidance and navigation, communications, power, thermal protection, and lethality.
- Must have good experience in leading the integration and test of weapon systems or other complex systems.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas.
- Ability to multi-task, demonstrate strong initiative and work ethic, and work effectively with minimal direct supervision.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Travel expectation: 25%
- Success in position requires consistent display of the following key abilities:
- Rapid and effective problem solving: identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Communication skills to document, develop, and present technical issues so that stakeholders across the organization readily understand the content and their related actions.
- Schedule performance: influencing and collaborating across the organization to result in project success.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Desired