Senior Missile System IntegratorDate posted 11/30/2018
Job ID#: 21741BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Senior Missile System Integrator
Job Category: Engineering
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Missile Defense and Space Systems group’s Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test Team. This full-time position will serve as the System Integrator for a new missile system. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership for a multi-disciplinary team distributed between Huntsville, AL and San Diego, CA. The System Integrator will support all phases of the design, development, integration, and test of the missile system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical leadership throughout the design, development, integration, and test of the missile system including the airframe, avionics, flight software, communications, warhead, telemetry, flight termination system, and guidance, navigation, and control.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to a multi-disciplinary team that covers all subsystems and components within the missile system.
- Support the program manager by providing technical oversight to subcontractors.
- Develop integration plans and procedures and lead team through the integration process including troubleshooting problems and development resolutions to issues.
- Support test engineers in the development and review of test plans and procedures.
- Act as the primary technical interface for the missile system to government customers and General Atomics leadership/management.
- Facilitate rapid resolution of technical delays that impact tasks including real-time, thorough communication with task leads, program management and other leadership as required.
- Collaborate daily with GA and customer engineering and program management teams.
- Support the program manager in the development of statements-of-work (SOWs) and technical requirements documents for subcontractors.
- Support development of purchase requests/purchase orders, provide coordination between the engineering team and the buyers, and subcontract administrators.
- Provide documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- Support development, review, and editing of technical documents and proposals as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, ten or more years of experience with a masters degree, or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- US citizenship is required.
- Active DoD secret security clearance or higher is required.
- Demonstrate an understanding of weapon subsystems and engineering disciplines including mechanical/airframe, aerodynamics, avionics, flight software, control systems, guidance and navigation, communications, power, thermal protection, and lethality.
- Must have good experience in leading the integration and test of missile systems or other complex systems.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas.
- Ability to multi-task, demonstrate strong initiative and work ethic, and work effectively with minimal direct supervision.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Travel expectation: 25%
- Success in position requires consistent display of the following key abilities:
- Focus on delivery of a high quality product with cost and schedule awareness
- Rapid and effective problem solving: identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems;
- Communication skills to document, develop, and present technical issues so that stakeholders across the organization readily understand the content and their related actions;
- Schedule performance: influencing and collaborating across the organization to result in project success
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret