Security Specialist - FSO / CPSODate posted 11/13/2018
Job ID#: 21552BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Security Specialist - FSO / CPSO
Job Category: Security
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Security Specialist – performing the responsibility as the Facility Security Officer and Contractor Program Security Officer at our Huntsville, AL offices.
Under direction, this position primarily serves as the single point of contact for security at assigned business units to include Collateral and Special Access Programs (SAP). The position will support the management and execution of program security as it applies to program protection and industrial security oversight of collateral activities at facilities/locations and personnel involved in the efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight of collateral security activities to include, the processing of security clearances, CACs, document control, military base access, and JPAS visits.
- Provide support for physical security practices and procedures.
- Review and implement security plans, documentation and briefings. Review, interpret and maintain Security Classification Guides and Program Protection Plans. Manage Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs).
- Provide program Security and Personnel Security (PERSEC) support. Conduct PERSEC paperwork review on PAR submittals in accordance with applicable directives.
- Review SF86’s, Local Records Checks in support of adjudication process. Access, review and submit clearance/access information using JPAS.
- Manage the annual inventory of accountable holdings in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Prepare and submit status reports to applicable government agencies, with review as appropriate from security management and/or Company management.
- Administer and manage classified destruction program. Serve as the focal point for receiving, processing, distributing, and controlling all classified documentation (hard copy and electronic media) entering or leaving the facility, including electronic data transfer.
- Maintain suspense copies of all material transported via courier and perform follow-up as needed.
- Liaise with other security staff and ISSOs/ISSMs to ensure security policies and procedures are in compliance with company, government and customer requirements.
- Set up of Closed Areas, Restricted Areas, and Special Access Program Facilities (SAPF) in accordance with NISPOM, 5205.07, ICD 705 and government requirements (physical security, facility security and access control, network and IT security, cryptography, personnel, etc).
- Provide Security Education and Training.
- Perform COMSEC Custodian duties.
- Manage associated documentation and update appropriate policies and procedures as required.
- Conduct collateral and program security briefings.
- Prepare and administer program indoctrination and debriefings. Analyze, investigate, and resolve classified security issues while providing leadership and guidance to employees, supervisors, managers, and contractors on actions(s) to be taken to ensure compliance with the classified security program.
- Participate and prepare for DOD Vulnerability Assessments, Peer Reviews, and Customer Inspections.
- Administer and coordinate applicable aspects of security activities in accordance with company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal security regulations, directives, and manuals for safeguarding National Security Information.
- Establish and maintain program liaison with government agencies, external customers, contractors, employees, and managers.
- Coordinate with government agencies to obtain rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations.
- Implement visitor control procedures ensuring compliance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- May provide leadership, direction, and training to less experienced staff. Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Maintain receipt and dispatch, document control, personnel records, and combination records.
- Implement and manage access control system for the company and/or assigned business unit classified areas.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related discipline and six or more years of professional industrial security experience in a corporate or government environment. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have experience with DOD processes and procedures or an equivalent regulatory environment and/or military training.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of the NISP, NISPOM, NISPOM SUP, JAFAN, ICD, SCI, and a complete and thorough knowledge of established policies, procedures, and practices for safeguarding National Security Information.
- Must possess the ability to identify issues and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope. Strong communication, analytical, computer, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to effectively interface, influence, and counsel employees, managers, and external contacts; analyze and interpret data; initiate and plan projects; produce appropriate clear, concise and detailed documentation; and, present results to a variety of audiences.
- Must be able to work independently and on a team, and represent the company as the prime contact on external projects. Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Completion of Industrial Security Management and COMSEC courses as well as access control (Lenel) database experience preferred.
- CPSO and SCI experience preferred.
- The ability to attain and maintain a security clearance is required.
- Completion of all CDSE Facility Security Officer courses is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Top Secret (SCI access eligible)