Project ManagerDate posted 01/02/2019
Job ID#: 22082BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Category: Program/Project Management
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager in our Electromagnetic Systems team in Huntsville, Alabama. We are seeking an individual capable of leading large-scale R&D and Prototype projects associated with advanced land based missile defense systems inclusive of electromagnetic railgun and associated technologies such as pulsed power, projectile, launcher, and mount. The successful applicant will join a growing research and development group actively pursuing new projects and must exhibit initiative, and programmatic leadership
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the operational aspects of one or more new development project(s) and serves as the liaison between project management, senior management, engineering organization and customer representatives regarding operational issues, scheduling requirements and/or budgeting issues.
- Assesses project issues and develops solutions to meet production, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Typically accomplishes tasks through subordinate staff, management, and/or across teams.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project management, line management, and the customer.
- Responsible for decisions that have an extended impact on outcomes, are long-lasting, and may influence the future course of the organization
- Oversee all phases of the program(s) from conceptualization through completion; including acquisition, planning, and managing technical performance to ensure quality, business, and financial objectives are attained.
- Create project plan(s) and manage resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality and specification goals are attained.
- Continually reviews status of the project(s) and budgets to ensure project(s) are completed on time and within budget.
- The successful candidate must be able to develop new business opportunities, manage programs, coordinate with technical leadership, and interface with U.S. government customer organizations on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with management and project team(s) in the assignment and assessment of project goals to meet larger and more strategic business objectives.
- Oversee and monitor project schedule, timelines, and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet delivery goals.
- Manage the coordination of departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Manage work of project management staff, providing technical support and direction when necessary.
- Establish operating policies and procedures that impact project(s). Interpret company-wide policies and procedures as they relate to the project(s).
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation. May make presentations to internal and external audiences as needed regarding project status.
- Collaborate with management and project team to expand services and potential business opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and other regulations.
- Identify and assess project issues and develop solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals, and business objectives.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to employees working on assigned project. Effectively communicate project expectations and objectives to team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion. Interpret and administer policies and procedures that impact project(s).
- Participate in, lead segments of or provide overall management for the request for proposal (RFP) process to generate new business.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or related discipline and thirteen or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration field with at least seven of those years in project management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Desired candidate will have both academic and practical experience in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of project management processes and procedures, planning and scheduling methods, and budget management as well as the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects; (2) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of non-routine matters of diverse scope and nature; (3) strong analytical, communication, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and, (4) the ability to work independently and lead in a team environment; (5) the ability to develop solutions to problems that require coordination of technologies across program requirements.
- Candidate should extensive experience in managing technology, development programs and working with engineering organization to develop technical approach to deliver project objectives.
- Desired candidate should be an established member of the DoD community and fully comprehend military systems to include air defense, missile defense, ballistic missile defense, base defense, surface warfare applications, remote sensing, and hypervelocity systems.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Secret