Project AdministratorDate posted 02/05/2019
Job ID#: 22550BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Project Administrator
Job Category: Product Support, Program/Project Management
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Administrator to support our program management team located in Huntsville, AL.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers daily operational aspects of one or more ongoing projects; participates in project plan development.
- Integrates and analyzes project plans to ensure milestones and delivery requirements are met; ensures that all the key parties are advised.
- Participates in problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Develops appropriate electronic and hard copy reports and records.
- May represent the organization with outside organizations.
- Provides direction to support staff and may provide direction to less experienced professional staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in Business Administration or a related discipline and three or more years of progressive professional project administration experience. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- US citizenship is required.
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of project administration principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Must have experience organizing, planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of problems; (2) good analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) good interpersonal skills enabling an effective interface with other professionals; and (4) good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No