Director of ProgramsDate posted 12/18/2018
Job ID#: 21812BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Director of Programs
Job Category: Program/Project Management
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Programs to join our Missile Defense and Space Systems team located in Huntsville, AL.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct all phases of the program(s) from conceptualization through completion, including acquisition, planning, and managing technical performance to ensure quality, business, and financial objectives are attained.
- Develop and coordinate new program plans or delivery methods with little precedence for coordination across distinctive products while serving multiple customers.
- Responsible for defining and achieving Missile and Weapons Program Management Office (PMO) revenue and profit objectives
- In collaboration with strategic development and senior leadership, responsible for defining strategy and business pursuits, identifying and pursuing partnerships and teaming agreements, technology roadmaps, and developing corporate capabilities within defined technical business lanes.
- Manage and provide leadership for project and program management resources responsible for successful execution and customer satisfaction. Specifically, for missile systems, hypersonic defense systems, sensor solutions, and small satellite development programs performed in the Huntsville, AL; Oxford, MS; and Fredericksburg, VA offices.
- Responsible for projects and programs both internally and customer-funded.
- Responsible for identifying, planning, and the management of GA-EMS Internal Research and Development (IRAD) projects aligned with Missile Defense and Space Systems business strategy.
- Establish and enforce standards for program management, performance monitoring, measurement and reporting for all projects and programs.
- Provide leadership in proposal development to include assigning program managers, developing technical approaches, defining organizational structures, developing Statements of Work (SOW), defining Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), developing Basis of Estimates (BoE), creating resource-loaded Integrated Master Schedules (IMS), and writing and editing management and technical volumes.
- Provide senior-level customer interface for programs (prime contractor to Government customers and / or subcontractor).
- Consult with executive management to develop and implement current, annual, and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business, and financial objectives for the program(s) and contribute to the development of Group/Company objectives which have a long-range forecast projected to continue for multiple years.
- Manage the establishment of design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, testing and integration.
- Interact with senior management concerning matters of significance to the company. Act as primary contact for program issues.
- Direct, influence, and coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract(s). Influence contract acquisitions, negotiations and modifications.
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by directing and participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
- Act as the primary customer contact for program activities and lead program review sessions with customers to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Identify program issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specification.
- Lead the development of new business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities. Participate with Group management in pursuing business partnerships, alliances, and joint ventures that enhance the capabilities of the Group/Company and may result in new products, programs and business opportunities.
- Direct the development of and ensure the security of proprietary technology, and maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering, science or a related technical field as well as fifteen or more years of progressively complex program administration experience with at least nine of those years managing programs. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of program management principles, concepts, and practice as well as comprehensive program management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must be able to develop solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance is required with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance as well as clearance for special access programs.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 25% - 50%
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Top Secret (SCI access eligible)