Cloud Systems Administrator
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Cloud Systems Administrator at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics is seeking to hire a Systems Administrator to join our IT team in Huntsville, AL. This position, who will report to the Windows Operations Lead, will be responsible for administration, configuration, installation, provisioning, monitoring of systems in a hybrid datacenter. Job duties include troubleshooting to ensure availability, capacity and performance of infrastructure systems. Perform assigned duties with general direction from team leads and/or managers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deploy highly available, scalable and secure cloud infrastructure with a focus on Microsoft Azure
- Implement infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques to migrate workloads into Microsoft Azure
- Develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration process
- Work closely with the Development team to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines to support automated deployment of infrastructure
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Azure Database technologies (both IaaS and PaaS) and options to support the migration process
- Analyze and resolve configuration issues in development, test, and production environments
- Install and configure Windows server operating systems and software on VMware and Physical servers
- Responsible for On-Premise Datacenter maintenance, patching servers, backups and tape rotations, maintain documentation, server inventory and Datacenter and server supplies and parts
- Be a team player and coordinate with the larger Systems and Infrastructure team on projects and initiatives
- Generate hardware and software reports from SCCM to determine deficiencies
- Be part of on-call support and available 24/7 to help troubleshoot issues that could arise in a Datacenter environment
- Maybe required to perform other duties as instructed by team leads and/or managers
- Coordinate with vendors for technical support and upgrades.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Windows Server operating systems On-Premise and Microsoft Azure is preferred.
- Knowledge of other cloud environments like AWS/ Google Cloud is a plus
- High Performance Computing experience is a plus
- NetApp storage experience is a plus
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in information technology or a related discipline and six or more years of progressive professional systems administration experience in an information technology department, with 2-3 years of experience Microsoft Azure preferred. May substitute equivalent working experience in the field in lieu of education.
- US citizenship is required.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of system administration concepts, practices, and standards including but not limited to system installation, configuration and management, performance tuning and measurement, back-up, recovery, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and WINS and related internet protocols and network concepts, security/firewalls, web servers, and load balancing.
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Must have automation experience and knowledge of scripting
- Must have organizational skills including scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must be able to contribute to the development of new processes and resolve a variety of complex technical problems in a creative and efficient manner.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- Ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of highly complex problems.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to guide employees.
- Ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource on external projects.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager